Wednesday, April 6, 2011

LENT - unexpected growth & changes

The kids and I have been following LENT this year. Anna and I gave up something that would be difficult for each of us. She gave up playing computer games on the laptop (she was very specific on WHERE she couldn't play). Hmmmm, smart girl. Joshua did not want to participate with us.

I gave up yelling. I have been thinking a lot on how I treat God's children (my children). God has been working on my journey to take it to the next level. Next level?? What level? I asked the same thing! I thought I was walking the talk, and then God nudges me to do more, show more. How can I do that?? Well, it starts with my actions. Like yelling. I have my highs and my lows. Good days and bad. Just like everyone else. Then I recall this verse from the bible:

Proverbs 15:1
A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger.

Psalm 6:1
[ Psalm 6 ] A psalm of David. LORD, do not rebuke me in your anger or discipline me in your wrath.

Exactly, what I was doing. So, I gave it up. Just like that. NOT. It was easier than I thought. But, I do occasionally fail. I am human. But, at least it is not daily. It is so nice not to get so angry at my angels. It is so nice to be able to talk to them. I did talk to my husband, then to my kids about the change God wanted me to make in myself. I asked all of them for forgiveness of my sin; my anger.

John 9:25
He replied, “Whether he is a sinner or not, I don’t know. One thing I do know. I was blind but now I see!”


God opened up my eyes! He showed me the truth of my sin and actions. I love it when I can turn to scripture and see the TRUTH!

Psalm 37:11
But the meek will inherit the land and enjoy peace and prosperity.


This is what my family has been enjoying! PEACE, LOVE, HOPE! God IS Good!

We has a family have been learning a lot about what God wants from us. Each household will be different. God has a plan for all of us....and we choose to follow.

Every morning I have been reading Jesus' journey leading up to his resurrection. I also read Proverbs (the chapter is picked by the day of the month). What an awesome journey for us as a family to watch the kids grow in their faith. Again, I thank our Father in Heaven for each day I am given! Amen.

I want to be the woman God created me to be. That is with a love for HIM and for my brothers and sisters in Christ. I can only move forward by starting within myself. I have chosen to stand on my two feet for Christ and for my family. To be able to lead by my faith, trust, love for God.

Proverbs 31

Epilogue: The Wife of Noble Character

10 [b]A wife of noble character who can find?
She is worth far more than rubies.
11 Her husband has full confidence in her
and lacks nothing of value.
12 She brings him good, not harm,
all the days of her life.............

25 She is clothed with strength and dignity;
she can laugh at the days to come.
26 She speaks with wisdom,
and faithful instruction is on her tongue.
27 She watches over the affairs of her household
and does not eat the bread of idleness.
28 Her children arise and call her blessed;
her husband also, and he praises her:
29 “Many women do noble things,
but you surpass them all.”
30 Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting;
but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised.
31 Honor her for all that her hands have done,
and let her works bring her praise at the city gate.

1 comment:

rawlivinguy.blogspot.ca said...

Love the quilts and all the bible scripture on your page. Love God for he is our Salvation keep it up.
May God Bless You and your family.