I will say, "I got off easy." NOT. I don't think it really matters if you have one child or 10 children. We will all have our ups and downs. I do make a new schedule in the beginning of the school year. I try my best to follow it. I don't put times, but I do list the subjects that need to be done that day.
We usually school year round taking July and December off. By doing this, it offers us more opportunities for outside activities, like field trips, family time, vacations and/or sick days. This way, I don't have to worry about making up those days.
Monday - Friday (Daily)
- Bible - I will read from Proverbs (the date will determine the chapter); Plus a chapter in the Gospels
- The Story of Liberty (RA a chapter a day)
- King Arthur (RA)
- Math (Saxon)
- Grammar (A - Growing with Grammar)
- Vocabulary (Growing with Grammar)
- Spelling/Grammar (J - Sing, Spell, Read & Write) Which we completed!!!!!!
- Cursive/Printing (J)
- Map Workbooks
- Required books to read
- Piano (practice daily)
- Classical Conversations
Classical Conversation is an intensive program that we do for 24 weeks through a co-op. I will start this program a month before it begins to give the kids a head start. This program covers the following:
- Timeline (8 cards per week)
- Art/Orchestra/ Tin Whistle/Logic
Now, that CC is over. We have a new schedule until we break in the middle of June.
SPRING/SUMMER SCHEDULE Monday - Friday
- Spanish (3x)
- Latin (3x)
- Spelling/Vocab (daily)
- Grammar (daily)
- Math (4x)
- Reading (daily)
- RA Bible & History
- Piano (daily)
- Typing (3x)
- Science (3x)
- Awanas (during the school year)
- Taekwondo (3x a week year round)
~~~photos of our classroom will be posted soon~~~~~